Tuesday 9 June 2015

Me Made May 2015

Is it too late for a review of my Me Made May challenge? It's only the 9th June.

Here it is anyway...

I decided to join in with So, Zo... What Do You Know?'s Me Made May this year after I read about it mid way through May last year. You start the chainege by making a pledge that will challenge you on her blog and then post your progress on your own blog/twitter/instagram etc. 

I posted my pledge in her comment section and on my personal blog here at the end of April.

I already wear Me Made everyday so I needed to add in an extra challenge. I decided that I would try and make some me made undergarments as I have had patterns and classes booked for a while but hadn't got around to making/doing them. 

So I made this pledge...


I, Emma of craftyandcake.blogspot.co.uk and dressmakerssocial.blogspot.co.uk, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '15. I endeavour to continue to wear at least one me made item of clothing each day for the duration of May 2015. In addition I will stop putting off making and wearing the knickers pattern I have had for too long and may even attempt to start the craftsy bra making course I bought six months ago!


And posted my photo's daily on my @craftyandcake instagram 

This is what my May 2015 looked like...

Patterns have been drafted by me unless otherwise stated. The fabric shops used are in brackets and links are below. 

The first week of May was cold! I wore (clockwise)
1. My chambray (Merchant and Mills) dress and Sindy doll inspired Jacket (Ditto Fabrics) 2. Swallow print jersey dress (Fabricland) 3. Stripe jersey dress (Fabricland) 4. Stripe dress and a MIY Collection shrug (Ditto Fabrics) 5. Ready to wear jeans and jumper with my Sindy jacket (Ditto Fabrics) 6. Cotton shirt dress (M is for Make) 7. Liberty print shorts (V&A). 


In week two I wore (clockwise)... 1. Jersey t-shirt with contrasting sleeves (Ditto Fabrics) 2. MIY Collection shrug (Ditto Fabrics) 3 & 4. Kimono style top (Ditto Fabrics) 5. Vintage pattern shirt dress (Fabricland) 6 & 7. AnnCanCan Panties Kit (Ditto Fabrics) 8. Shorts (Ikea)  


By week three I no longer needed to wear my jacket - it was warming up, I wore (clockwise)...
1. Beach hut and light house print cotton dress (Quilty Pleasures) 2. Ruffle front dress (Fabricland) 3. Me in chambray culottes (Merchant and Mills) Mini me in her mermaid dress (Fabricland) 4. Stripe jersey dress again (Fabricland). 5. Jersey twin set - t shirt and MIY Collection shrug (Ditto Fabrics) 6. My chambray dress and MIY Collection shrug (Merchant and Mills & Ditto Fabrics)


In week four I wore lots of repeats and an early make dress from the bottom of the drawer (clockwise)... 1. Parasol dress (Ditto Fabrics) 2. Chambray dress and Jersey shrug (Merchant and Mills & Ditto Fabrics) 3. Ruffle dress (Fabricland) 4. Stripe dress and customised rtw cardigan. 5. Jersey shrug (Ditto Fabrics) 6. Cotton top (Brighton Sewing Centre) 7. Stretch cotton dress (Ditto Fabrics)



Nearly there! 1. Anncancan panties (Ditto Fabrics) 2. Wearing my kimono (Ditto Fabrics) whilst working on vintage floral cotton culottes) 3. Shorts (Ikea)


So that was it, my Me Made May 2015 #mmmay15!

It was a great challenge, I wore me made everyday and made two pairs of knickers. I didn't get round to making a bra using the Craftsy course although I did buy my materials and a Kwik Sew pattern from Vena Cava Design. 

I realised that my three favourite items are my chambray dress made with light weight Merchant and Mills denim, a striped jersey dress and my various versions of my MIY Collection Shrug. I also discovered that if I wear my shorts with leggings I get more wear out of them. 

Did you take part in Me Made May? Pop a link in the comments so we can see your experience. 

I'm off to add to my me made collection...


Links to fabric shops

Pattern links






No comments:

Post a Comment