Sunday 11 October 2015

Knitting and Stitching Show 2015 - Alexandra Palace Part 2

My second day of helping Wendy on her MIY Collection was a busy one...


...but I still managed to get a little exploring and shopping done! 

My first stop was at Sew La Di Da Vintage where Caroline introduced me to Lou Lou! 


Isn't she gorgeous?! She would have been right at home at my sister's Gatsby party a few weeks ago. I love her fox stole and her face. Dolls faces can be tricky to master and stitch, but as Lou Lou's are printed she looks like a stress free sew!

I have long admired Caroline's vintage style patterns that have been resized for modern girls and sizes from afar (on Instagram!) so I had to grab myself a copy of this one! 


Top of my fabric list when I go into work this week will be fabric for Margo! 

I whizzed past the Pfaff stand on route to B33 and got really excited about yellow sewing machines...


...until I realised they were dummy models to showcase the sewing tables. But seriously how awesome are yellow sewing machines?! If someone makes one, I need one!

I made it to Wendy and met Grace from Beyond Measure who kindly took our photo. I love their dog pin cushions, go take a look! 


My husband who likes a pun suggested we have t shirts with the above on. I ran out of time pre show so we had badges instead! 

The fun and games didn't end there! Whilst Wendy was off teaching a class on Sewing with Knits, these two were up to mischief! 


Honestly I don't know where they get their cheek from! 😜

The rest of the afternoon whizzed by with chatting to customers and a little more shopping...


That 7000m cone of thread should keep me going a while. The gold crepe is ready for a 70's disco outfit for a forthcoming party and I finally have a Chaco pen to add to my chalk collection. 

I left Wendy all set for her last day...


... Said goodbye to Ally Pally and this incredible view


And headed home. Until next year Knitting and Stitching! 


No comments:

Post a Comment