Monday 14 March 2016

Day 14 of #miymarch16 Sew Underrated

We are half way through #miymarch16 and for the first time I am a little stuck on choosing a photo for the theme. 

Today it's Sew Underrated.


And my first thought was "tacking" so I posted this... 


The more I thought about it though the more I kept coming back to the reason I started Dressmaker's Social, a monthly meet up group in Brighton. It was to meet other like minded people, people who sew their own clothes and like to talk about patterns and fabric as much as I do. 

So my second post for Sew Underrated is this blog post. And my answer is Sewing Friends, whether in real life (I am lucky to have met lots of lovely sewists in person at the meetups) or online via Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. And the support that we give each other. It's been said many times before but people who sew really are the nicest people! 

So here's to you guys and a look back at some of the meetups....



Our next meetup is next Monday 21st March at The Marwood Coffee Shop, 52 Ship Street, Brighton. 6.30-8.30pm £2 per person. 

Our guest is...


Vicki Halliday! Vicki works in theatre costume as a Wardrobe Supervisor and she will be answering your questions! But we need them in advance so send them to me at dressmakerssocial@gmail.com and I'll pass them on! 

Looking forward to seeing you there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment